Sunday, July 10, 2011

Desert Gift


Desert Gift

by Sally John

Jillian Galloway, a marriage expert with her own radio show, is about to go on her book signing tour in California when Jack, her husband of 24 years, announces he wants out of their marriage. The news leaves Jillian spinning - for not only is her marriage crumbling apart, but it leaves her profession in question. How in the world does a marriage expert's marriage fall apart? Jill goes back to her childhood home and reconnects with her parents, her sister, and some old friends. She also meets some new friends who challenge her in her faith. 

I really liked this book. I'm not married, but it was nice to read a Christian fiction book that brought in principles for a godly marriage - food for thought for the future! I found myself swept up in Jillian and Jack's story, and I really empathized with them. I also really appreciated the way the author had the couple honestly deal with marital problems, and not just "neatly wrap things up" the way fiction sometimes can. I highly recommend this book to anyone who's married, or would like to be someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment